Wednesday, June 22, 2011

license to have babies?

A nurse at work (who will remain nameless *cough*IOWA) spouted off about how people should have a license to have children, and people cant willy nilly just pop them out.
iowa:"People should really have licenses before they can have children. I cant believe someone having a kid and then passing it to their brother to raise."
kris:"no one would pass the test then."
me:"I sure as hell wouldnt pass."

later she comes up to me and says she believes my roommate and I would pass the test.
" I didn't mean to offend you earlier. I think you and sara would pass the test. even though shes not married, but youre married so you would pass. People just need to raise kids with two parents, not broken homes."

I bit my tongue. I didn't tell her I have filed for divorce, so clearly I live in a 'broken' home. Why does your marital status matter when it comes to raising children? Is this the 50's? im surprised she didnt then ask me if I "speak mexican". Ignorance is way more common than I'd like to think it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment