Friday, May 14, 2010

new bar to try out: Atomic Koi

I tried out the Atomic Koi cocktail Lounge in Fitchburg last night. Its right next to Roman Candle pizza (across from the cop shop). I walked in and immediately inhaled that "new" smell; mainly fresh paint. I recognized one of the bartenders from the Jade Monkey on Cottage Grove Rd. Then I looked around the place and realized this must be a Hawk joint because it looks soo much like Jade, but its missing something. The ambiance, the people, the shenanigans. I know this place is new, i get it.
When I walk into the Jade, no matter what day and time, theres always something going on. Russian Kiddie cocktails and mojitos are constantly being poured. The place is full of tattooed hippies, granolas, lesbians making out, crazy town drunks, and of course-- amy winehouse's "rehab" is always blasting from the retro jukebox.

Atomic Koi - You have work to do. What are you going for? What's your identity? You have potential, now get the funky clientele that was Soooooo lacking last night.

Im going to stick to the Jade.

No comments:

Post a Comment