Tuesday, February 1, 2011

moving day

Moving day is horrible. Old things are found that you want to forget about, and you realize what kind of hoarder you are. For example, I came to realize that I hoard many things:
dresses
shoes
deodorant
candy
baked beans
canned mushrooms.

I always think " i dont have that much stuff" and that it will be easy. First off, I dont recommend drinking heavily before packing. Things get broken, refridgerated items end up with bedding, and boxes get packed way TOO heavy. Industrial strength trash bags are a godsend (the ones that the cops and firefighters sell for fundraisers) because boxes get wet and nasty.

I hired 2 men and a truck to help move. they are an absolute godsend. Had everything packed, moved, and stored into my storage unit in less than 2 hours. Besides the pick up lines like "has anyone ever told you that you look like Deena from Jersey Shore?" or the best one "okprintyournamesignhereanddatewritedownyourphonenumberifyouwantmetocall."

Then the vacuum cleaner that was a wedding gift literally blew up in flames and was smoking throughout the hallways of the projects that I live in. Maybe that is a sure sign that my marriage and my vacuum just didnt want to work, and would rather spontaneously combust.

Thank god my brother was there and ran down the hallway with the smoking vacuum only to be faced with the biggest spider aka the baby bat swinging like a pendulum in the doorway. He almost burst into flames with the vacuum because he was too scared to run thru the doorway.

Now im living out of trashbags, and a clusterfuck of boxes filled to the brim with JUNK. I have no underwear on and dirty clothes on because thats all i could find. I have located the basics (toothbrush,deodorant,contacts,hairbrush) and i cant be asked to do much more. Yes, im a "ragamuffin" today and im damn proud of it.

did you know that a ragamuffin is a breed of cat?

No comments:

Post a Comment