Tuesday, April 27, 2010

All I got out of it was a stupid brewers hat...










On Sunday, Sara Hamel and I embarked on the hardest day of our lives... well it felt like it. We volunteered our day to the National Kidney Foundation and ran a concessions booth with 7 other people from our Transplant Dept. With 3 hours of previous class training, we were all fish out of water. we had one stand manager who was too busy playing with her clipboard and texting people to care that we had all run out of quarters, miller lite, and our sanity. No bathroom breaks, food or drink was banned, certainly no tom foolery.
I felt like I was on that ship Amistad.
I did my time... stood there from 10am - 6pm. my drawer made $1400 ... while hamel was flashing her smileeeeee to the drunk dudes and made $1800. Dammit!
Sara was busy slangin' pizza in back and wrapping weeeeeenies.
All I left with was a stupid hat, and a rank smell of deep fryer. It went to a good cause, and I'm glad I did it. But theres gotta be an easier way to make money.
ps- tell me how my tip cup only had 8.50 in it? ohhh yeah hamel dropped my tips into the mop bucket. bitch!

No comments:

Post a Comment