Monday, February 22, 2010

theres something calming about a rainfall

Now that we're in our last month of winter, I've realized how much I miss thunderstorms. The sound of rain falling is quite possibly the best stress relief, and the cheapest- well, besides $1 taps @ BD's. Snow is beautiful. But the treacherous driving with a small car puts a damper on the fluffy stuff. I'm going to be doing more research in the next couple months about severe weather, and I'll have you all up to date come summer. The best storms are found on Brownie's pier by the way. The wind whips the dead carp about 10 feet up in the air... and turns the sky green.

I miss severe summer weather.

5 comments:

  1. Remember sitting on the front porch, curled up in a blanket, and watching the rain fall in the summers? Great, great memory of mine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear anonymous , was i present for this memory of yours?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will get the trooper ready for some storm chasing :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, you were present. So was your other brother. Can't believe you forgot...

    ReplyDelete
  5. You threw me off with the "front porch" talk. We never had a front porch silly.

    I do remember you with a hose in the summer , water full blast... and i had my pink bike flying around the corner, and then you sprayed water all over me. it made my bike hydroplane and i still have scars on my elbows. I cant forget that one.

    ReplyDelete