Thursday, February 11, 2010

ToiletGate 2010


(I am not a mechanic, nor am I a plumber)
Last night I got home after multiple beers, and had to pee like a racehorse. I went to the bathroom, and then stumbled to my couch and put gossip girl in. I thought i was hallucinating because I thought I heard a waterfall...10 minutes later, the waterfall was still , should I say , flowing. I ran to the toilet and found an ocean on the bottom of the bathroom floor. The toilet tank was overflowing! not the bowl, where you go in. The actual tank. I freaked out and put every towel I had on the floor to soak up the mess.
I called my dad asap and we triaged the issue over the phone. Finally , the water stopped. I cleaned up the mess and then went back to the couch.
A bit later there was a knock on the door. I looked thru the peephole and saw a tiny little lady outside. she seemed harmless so I opened the door. She had a yellow notepad, and had scrawled a nastygram on it - for me! turns out she's mute but could hear me clearly as i was drunkily trying to act out the waterfall on my toilet. the note said:
" WHY IS YOUR BATHROOM WATER LEAKING OUT OF MY CEILING ONTO MY BATHROOM FLOOR??????" (yes in caps with 100 question marks after) I tried not to laugh as she was making grunts and hand motions at me. And she has one front tooth. thats sticking straight out of her mouth at a 90 degree angle. I calmed the little cat lady down, told her i called maintenance (aka my father) and im so sorry she had to clean up a mess.
why does the most random shit happen to me? At least it was blogworthy. I hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment