Wednesday, August 10, 2011

a couple reasons why 90 minutes of sleep doesn't cut it.

theres nothing like driving home when the birds are chirping. you know its way too damn early. Today I am struggling to keep my eyes open, and I dream of a glass of wine and my bed. Including my awesome new costco blanket, which pretty much deserves its own blog post.

My head feels like someone is slowly plucking petals out of it...like a kid playing "he loves me he loves me not" with a daisy. And the kid's name is Silver Eagle. No middle initial.

I took the bull by the horns last night and approached a guy, told him how I felt, and asked him for his number. It felt good to be empowered and be so blunt and honest with an almost stranger... We listened to INXS and talked about American History. 445am came, I knew I needed to go home.

7am comes, I have now pushed snooze multiple times (katy perry's "peacock" on repeat is an instant migraine.) I have a permanent vodka taste in my mouth no matter how many times I brush my teeth.

Next comes damage control. Going through my text inbox to see what bullshit i have written to what guy. It was not pretty. Oh, and I ended up sleepwalking into work with an organic hoodie (stolen from russel crowe's house the night before)

Basically, I had a night filled with self destruction and debauchery. my wallet is empty, but I have some good memories to show for it.

Nothing cures a hangover work day like texts from good friends and e-mails from people who have slipped away and I miss dearly.

See you all at the Great Dane tonight? Round two. lets go. You only live once.

1 comment:

  1. LoL, this means I am gonna have to drive my car instead of ride my bike tonight... I only drink as many as I've got wheels! :)

    ReplyDelete