Tuesday, August 16, 2011

I miss you, my dear old friend

I admit it. I screwed up. I thought we weren't right for each other and that I could get by just fine without you. Well thats anything but the truth. I think about you all the time and hope you are doing well. I worry about you, wish you the best, and I hope you are kicking life's ass, because I know you have it in you.
This city isn't big enough for our two huge personalities. I'm at the point in my life where I don't have a spare ounce of energy to spend pretending you aren't in the room, or that I suddenly forgot who you were. Truth is, I could never forget you. When we were together, I swear we could take over the world. Some of the best times of my life were spent with you. You amazed me every day with your independence and strength. I still feel horrible that I couldn't be there next to you during the hard times. I feel like I abandoned you.
I am not taking all of the blame though; you weren't perfect either. You never took my advice and put relationships before your friendships. But I get it. you were a kid then. so was I. We're adults now. I just hope we could both for just a second stop being so damn stubborn and realize we did have a real friendship. I hope its repairable. Because this can't be the end for me.


you know who you are. I hope you read this. Because as confident as I am, I could never say this to you in person. You're too intimidating.

No comments:

Post a Comment